Do you crave excitement? Adventure? Fine dining and culture? Well good news, you don’t have to go to a big city to have that lifestyle! Not according to Movoto, at least. The folks over at the Movoto blog have composed their list of The 10 Most Exciting Small Cities In America, and our neighbors over in Chapel Hill have taken the #3 spot!
In order to create their rankings, Movoto came up with a combination of six criteria designed to put excitement into a tangible form:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are fast food (the lower the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 20 to 34 (the higher the better)
They compiled a list of 140 small cities across the country with populations between 50,000 and 60,000 residents and then researched the six criteria within each city ranking them using those metrics. Chapel Hill landed at the #3 spot, trailing just behind Hoboken, NJ and La Crosse, WI! Chapel Hill’s active life options and nightlife played a part in the ranking, which isn’t surprising given its large student population! Local eateries Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen and Merritt’s also got shout outs.
To read the full list visit the Movoto Real Estate Blog.